Become a Professional Speaker!
The CAPS Calgary Fast Track Program assists individuals who are committed to becoming professional speakers (keynoters, workshop leaders, trainers, facilitators and consultants who speak.) The program’s primary focus is on the business of speaking rather than improving speaking skills.
Schedule for 2014
Fast Track Program Orientation – Monday, January 6, 2014: 6:30-9:30 pm
Fast Track Work Group Orientation – Monday, January 13, 2014: 6:30-9:30 pm
- Whirl-Wind Saturdays run from 8:30 am with networking, followed by the 9:00 am CAPS Calgary Chapter meeting (free for Fast Track participants), lunch with your work group and a professional advisor or a lunch presentation (all included), plus the afternoon Learning Session, wrapping up by 5:00 pm.
- Learning Sessions are crucial to your professional development. By completing Pre-Session Assignments, you’ll get maximum results from the program. Post-Session Assignments are to be completed on your own, with your work group, or by requesting assistance from the committee.
- January 18, 2014: Build Your Foundation
- February 8, 2014: Build Your Business
- March 15, 2014: Market Your Speaking Business
- April 12, 2014: Advance Your Presentation Skills (Speak 3-4 minutes in front of small group of peers and CAPS members) combined with Topic Development, Research, and Structure
- May 10 2014: Manage Your Speaking Business
- June 21 2014: Sell Your Speaking Business
- Thursday, June 26, 2014: Speaker Showcase and Celebration: This is a public showcase that draws the program to a close. The showcase is held one evening in June, from 6:30 – 9:30 p.m. Friends, family, colleagues and other supporters are encouraged to attend to see you shine! Participants receive valuable feedback from CAPS Calgary professional members.
Other Key Information
- Professional Advisors are senior CAPS members who provide expert information. We encourage you to take advantage of these seasoned speakers’ wisdom and experience.
- Work Groups meet regularly. Mutual support provides shared ideas, information, encouragement, connections, and accountability.
- Administration, Monitoring, and Support keep participants on track. The program’s committee is available for support and direction as needed. The committee provides structure and makes arrangements for orientation evenings, afternoons of rich learning, and an evening showcase.
- Accountability is an important program feature. You’re expected to keep agreements with your work group, the Professional Advisors, the program coordinators, and CAPS Calgary.
- Adaptable Learning. No matter what your current knowledge or skill level, the sessions are designed to provide maximum insight and flexibility.
Applications for the 2014 CAPS Calgary Fast Track Program are now open. Please email Patricia Morgan, 2014 CAPS Calgary Fast Track Selection Committee Chair at email@example.com to start the process to be considered for the 2014 Program. Applications are carefully considered. Once you initiate the process by email, you will be contacted by a member of the Selection Committee for a telephone interview to ensure your expectations and the program deliverables are a good fit. If aligned, you will be invited to submit an Application. There are a limited number of places available in the 2014 Program. Submitting your Application does not guarantee acceptance into the program.
2014 CAPS Calgary Fast Track Fees
If your application is approved by the Selection Committee, please pay by the deadlines described below.
Early Bird Fee
Pay early and save! The Early Bird rate ends December 5, 2013 at midnight.
|Category||Program Fee – Early Bird||Regular Fee|
|Option 1:Pay in full by the Early Bird deadline. Option 2: Pay the full Regular Fee–due by December 19, 2013 at midnight.|
You will be asked to pay your fees via PayPal upon acceptance into the program.
What’s Included with My Fee?
Program fees include:
- Two evening Orientation sessions
- Six CAPS Saturday morning meetings (a $330.00 value)
- Six afternoon learning sessions
- Five lunches with Professional Speaking Advisors
- An electronic copy of the Fast Track Program Manual
- Speaker Showcase and Celebration
- Informed feedback, support, guidance and encouragement
What is the Refund Policy?
If you withdraw before the January program launch your refund will be 75% of the Program Fees.
If you withdraw before the last day of January your refund will be 50% of Program Fees.
What Kind of Receipt do I Get?
You will receive a Calgary CAPS receipt for each payment you make. Your program fees may count as a business expense.
As this is a non-credit, non-formal education program, we do not issue tax receipts. Talk to your accountant regarding how this may apply to your particular situation.
NEW FOR 2014
If you pay the guest fee for either October 19th or November 16th, 2013, CAPS Calgary Super Saturday, you will be reimbursed if you are accepted into the Fast Track Program and have paid the program fee.
For more information: CAPS-Fast Track-2014 Program Guide
Call Stu Schultz, 2014 CAPS Calgary Fast Track Coordinator at 403.813.5226
Call Patricia Morgan, 2014 CAPS Calgary Fast Track Selection Committee Chair at 403.242.7796 Or email Patricia at: firstname.lastname@example.org